SAVING DOESN'T SOUND LIKE AS MUCH FUN AS SPENDING, BUT...
if you save a little bit each week, you will have the money you need to do the fun things.
5 SIMPLE WAYS TO SAVE
- Pay yourself first. If you earn a paycheck, take a little bit of your money and save it where it’s not easy to reach - before you’re tempted to spend it. Even better, see if you can direct deposit a percentage of your paycheck into your savings account before you even see your paycheck.
- Save your loose change. One easy way to save is to keep all your loose change from the day in a jar. You’ll be surprised how quickly the jar fills up.
- Consider buying nonpersihable items in bulk or online (be sure to check for free shipping) to save time and money.
- If you have an on-campus meal plan, use it. Don’t go out to eat and leave your daily meals unused.
- Look for a bank account with low or no fees. Avoid bouncing checks and overdraft fees.